The UTSA Roadrunners (3-2) will be at home in UTSA Convocation Center when they clash with the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (1-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at UTSA Roadrunners Odds Preview
The Islanders lost a close one to the Georgia Bulldogs in their last contest, 68-65. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi’s Joe Kilgore had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Georgia did a great job of converting from the free throw line (21-29; 72.4 percent). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, on the other hand, forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 18.4).
The last time the Roadrunners played, they beat the James Madison Dukes, 90-77. UTSA received a boost from Jhivvan Jackson, who was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 4-for-8 shooting. The Roadrunners made 25 of their 31 free throws (80.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.498).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of UTSA. Since the 2016-17 season, UTSA ranks 153rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has forced the 12th-most turnovers in the nation (23.2 percent).
The Islanders won the only game against the Roadrunners last season, 73-69. One of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 28 free throw attempts, while UTSA had 21.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at UTSA Roadrunners ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, ATS Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Roadrunners rank 126th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Islanders rank 263rd (23.4).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 188th in assists per game (13.2) while UTSA ranks 284th (11.4).
- UTSA ranks 31st in rebounds per game (39.0) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 248th (34.2).
- The Islanders rank eighth in steals per game (9.1) while the Roadrunners rank 200th (5.8).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 100th in blocks per game (3.8) while UTSA ranks 274th (2.1).