The Texas State Bobcats (3-3) will be at home in Strahan Coliseum when they take on the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (1-4). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at Texas State Bobcats Betting Preview
The Islanders fell to the UTSA Roadrunners in their last game, 72-58. With 18 points on 6-for-19 shooting, Joe Kilgore was the top scorer from either team. UTSA’s 0.628 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, who had a rate of 0.479. The Roadrunners mark was above their season average of 0.519.
In the Bobcats last game, they defeated the Pacific Tigers, 85-78. With 23 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Nijal Pearson was the top scorer from either team. Texas State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 47.4 (above their season average of 37.0) and a free throw rate of 0.362 (above their season average of 0.309). Pacific was 27.3 and 0.286, respectively, for those same stats.
Texas State figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bobcats rank 62nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476), while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is 178th in effective field goal percentage (0.509).
The Islanders won the lone contest against the Bobcats last season, 73-69. The Islanders played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.2 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.431. The Bobcats put up marks of 19.9 and 0.231, respectively, for those same stats.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. Texas State Bobcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 35th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while the Islanders rank 142nd (34.7).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the nation. Texas State ranks 186th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Texas State ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 258th (23.3).
- The Bobcats rank 94th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while the Islanders rank 260th (7.4).
- Texas State ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 154th (13.2).