The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (10-17, 6-10 SthLnd) will be at Lakefront Arena to meet the New Orleans Privateers (8-18, 4-12 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at New Orleans Privateers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Privateers beat the McNeese State Cowboys, 82-77, while the Islanders lost to the Lamar Cardinals, 79-62.
The Privateers held the Cowboys to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 32.3) and had a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 17.4). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.636 (above their season average of 0.502). Troy Green put together a good performance for New Orleans with 25 points and five rebounds. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was lifted by Myles Smith, who recorded 10 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Jashawn Talton-Thomas led the Islanders to a 74-71 victory. He scored a game-high 21 points. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi’s 0.638 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over New Orleans, who had a mark of 0.541.
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Privateers will look to push the more methodical Islanders. The Privateers currently rank 53rd in possessions per game while the Islanders are 262nd. Ball security could be troublesome for the Islanders. They rank 354th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 26.4 percent), while the Privateers force the 32nd-most turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.7 percent).
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. New Orleans Privateers ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, ATS Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Over
- New Orleans averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 220th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- The Islanders rank 204th in rebounds per game (34.3) while the Privateers rank 282nd (31.3).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 135th in blocks per game (3.0) while New Orleans ranks 171st in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Privateers rank 49th in assists per game (14.7) while the Islanders rank 199th (12.1).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 208th in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while New Orleans ranks 307th (15.6).
- The Privateers have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, New Orleans has been defeated by an average of 0.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Islanders have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average).