The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (9-3) and their phenomenal offense host the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (5-6) and their tremendous defense. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bulldogs beat the Wichita State Shockers 71-58, while the Islanders had no trouble getting past the Howard Payne Yellow Jackets 81-34.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.269 and a turnover percentage of 14.0. Howard Payne put up marks of 0.053 and 33.6, respectively, for those same stats. Louisiana Tech, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.460 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7. Wichita State had marks of 0.204 and 22.9, respectively, for those same stats. Louisiana Tech was led by Amorie Archibald, who finished with 14 points and nine rebounds. Irshaad Hunte, meanwhile was a key piece for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Louisiana Tech currently ranks 24th in offensive efficiency and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 44th in defensive efficiency.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 117th (3.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 128th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Islanders rank 134th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 39th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Islanders rank 92nd (33.9).
- Louisiana Tech averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 74th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- During their last five games, the Islanders have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (10.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 9.4 for the season.