The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (10-16, 6-9 SthLnd) will be at the Montagne Center to challenge the Lamar Cardinals (14-13, 8-8 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at Lamar Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinals were victorious over the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 77-65, while the Islanders fell to the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 78-64.
Lamar played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.237 (below their season average of 0.237) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 30.9). Sam Houston State was 0.077 and 22.2, respectively, for those same stats. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 vs. 28.0). Lamar received a boost from T.J. Atwood, who finished with 20 points and five rebounds. Elijah Schmidt had a solid performance for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, recording 10 points.
In their first matchup this season, Myles Smith led the Islanders to a 64-58 win. He produced 14 points, eight rebounds and six assists. One of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Lamar had just 14.
This contest should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. Lamar has preferred to play quickly (48th in possessions per game), while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has been more half-court-oriented (271st in possessions per game). Moreover, the Islanders rank 353rd in turnover percentage (25.8 percent), while the Cardinals rank 17th in opponents’ turnover percentage (24.0 percent).
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. Lamar Cardinals Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Lamar, ATS Winner – Lamar, O/U – Under
- Lamar ranks 12th in steals per game (9.1) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 218th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Islanders rank 204th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while the Cardinals rank 268th (17.8).
- The Islanders rank 64th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Cardinals rank 229th (36.9).
- Lamar ranks 22nd in blocks per game (4.8) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Cardinals have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Lamar has defeated opponents by an average of 1.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Islanders have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (7.8 above their season average).