The Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) will be at home in Stegeman Coliseum when they clash with the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (1-2). Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. Georgia Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Islanders last outing, they were beaten by the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 82-75. With 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Joe Kilgore was Texas A&M-Corpus Christis leading scorer. Texas-Rio Grande Valley did a great job of getting and making free throws (32-39; 82.1 percent). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.1 vs. 22.2).
The Bulldogs hope to maintain momentum after topping the USC Upstate Spartans in their last matchup, 74-65. Georgia was lifted by Yante Maten, who was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Georgia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.298 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3. USC Upstate was 0.074 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Georgia offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs rank 18th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.309, while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 284th in FTA rate allowed (0.280).
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders vs. Georgia Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Islanders rank 139th (13.1).
- Georgia ranks 311th in three pointers attempted per game (16.1) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 263rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks eighth in steals per game (8.9) while Georgia ranks 219th (5.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 75th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Islanders rank 241st (34.4).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Georgia ranks 156th (3.5).