The No. 24 Baylor Bears (1-0) will be at home in Ferrell Center when they go head-to-head against the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (1-0). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at Baylor Bears Betting Preview
The Islanders barely escaped the Our Lady of the Lake Saints in their last game, 69-68. With seven points and 17 rebounds, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi’s Elijah Schmidt put together a good outing. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.0 and a free throw rate of 0.361. For those same stats, Our Lady of the Lake was 26.8 and 0.262, respectively.
The last time the Bears played, they blew out the Central Arkansas Bears, 107-66. Baylor was led by Terry Maston, who put up 14 points and 10 rebounds. Baylor dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 and a free throw rate of 0.288. Central Arkansas was 17.1 and 0.159, respectively, for those same stats.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Baylor. Since the 2016-17 season, Baylor ranks 304th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has forced the 12th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.1 percent).
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at Baylor Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, ATS Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Islanders rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bears rank 175th (3.6).
- Baylor ranks 34th in assists per game (15.9) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 161st (13.5).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks seventh in steals per game (9.3) while Baylor ranks 231st (5.1).
- The Bears rank 86th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while the Islanders rank 266th (23.4).
- Baylor ranks 66th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 225th (34.5).