The 20th-ranked VCU Rams (6-1) will be in the Emerald Coast Classic at The Arena at NW Florida St when they go head-to-head with the 17th-ranked Tennessee Volunteers (5-1). The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
Tennessee Volunteers vs. VCU Rams Betting Odds
Both teams lost a winnable game in their last game. The Rams fell to the Purdue Boilermakers, 59-56, while the Volunteers were defeated by the Florida State Seminoles, 60-57.
Tennessee did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent) while VCU held Purdue to an effective field goal percentage of 0.455 (below their season average of 0.526). VCU received a boost from Marcus Santos-Silva, who finished with 19 points. Yves Pons played a key role for Tennessee with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
VCU might have trouble putting up points as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Since last season, Tennessee ranks 79th in defensive efficiency while the Rams rank 198th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Volunteers rank 37th in turnover percentage (16.6 percent), while the Rams rank fifth in opponents’ turnover percentage (24.5 percent).
Tennessee Volunteers vs. VCU Rams Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- VCU ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Tennessee ranks 225th (23.4).
- The Volunteers rank fourth in assists per game (17.7) while the Rams rank 145th (13.6).
- Tennessee ranks third in blocks per game (5.6) while VCU ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7).
- The Rams rank 19th in steals per game (8.6) while the Volunteers rank 192nd (6.0).
- Tennessee averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 60th in the country. VCU ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).