The Tennessee Volunteers (15-12, 7-7 SEC) will be at Bud Walton Arena to clash with the Arkansas Razorbacks (17-10, 5-9 SEC) in a SEC matchup. The game can be seen on SEC Network at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Tennessee Volunteers vs. Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Razorbacks beat the Missouri Tigers, 78-68, while the Volunteers lost to the 13th-ranked Auburn Tigers, 73-66.
Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 15.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.496). For those same stats, Missouri was 16.7 and 0.464, respectively. Tennessee, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.9 (above their season average of 29.9). Arkansas was lifted by Isaiah Joe, who had 21 points. Jordan Bowden, meanwhile led the way for Tennessee, recording 28 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Santiago Vescovi led the Volunteers to an 82-61 victory. He scored a game-high 20 points. Tennessee’s 0.547 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Arkansas, who had a mark of 0.357.
Points could be at a premium as a pair of the country’s premier defenses square off. Arkansas currently ranks 43rd in defensive efficiency (94.2) and Tennessee is 46th (94.4). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Volunteers, which ranks 302nd in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Razorbacks, which forces the 24th-most turnovers in the nation (23.2 percent).
Tennessee Volunteers vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Under
- Arkansas ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Tennessee ranks 210th (7.8).
- The Razorbacks rank 135th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Volunteers rank 228th (19.5).
- Tennessee ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.9) while Arkansas ranks 90th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Volunteers rank 41st in assists per game (14.9) while the Razorbacks rank 221st (11.7).
- Tennessee ranks 93rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while Arkansas ranks 260th (38.5).
- The Razorbacks have been outscored by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Arkansas has defeated opponents by an average of 6.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Volunteers have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (4.5 above their season average).