The 13th-ranked Auburn Tigers (22-4, 9-4 SEC) and their outstanding offense welcome the Tennessee Volunteers (15-11, 7-6 SEC) and their superb defense. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Tennessee Volunteers at Auburn Tigers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Tigers fell to the Georgia Bulldogs, 65-55, while the Volunteers were victorious over the Vanderbilt Commodores, 65-61.
Tennessee dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.272) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 29.9). Vanderbilt had marks of 0.190 and 26.3, respectively, for those same stats. Auburn, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 31.0). Auburn received a boost from J’Von McCormick, who put up 22 points. John Fulkerson, meanwhile had a solid performance for Tennessee, putting up 17 points and seven rebounds.
The Tigers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Auburn won 84-64. The Tigers’ 8.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Volunteers, who had a rate of 23.1. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Volunteers’ Fulkerson has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 17 points,6.4 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Samir Doughty has averaged 21 points during that same time frame for the Tigers.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Auburn takes on the stingy defense of Tennessee. The Tigers rank 39th in offensive efficiency, while the Volunteers are 37th in defensive efficiency.
Tennessee Volunteers vs. Auburn Tigers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- Auburn ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Tennessee ranks 223rd (19.6).
- The Volunteers rank sixth in blocks per game (5.9) while the Tigers rank 89th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Auburn ranks 150th in steals per game (6.1) while Tennessee ranks 194th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Tigers rank fourth in rebounds per game (42.0) while the Volunteers rank 152nd (35.4).
- Tennessee ranks 45th in assists per game (14.9) while Auburn ranks 166th (12.8).
- The Volunteers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (10.5 above their season average).