The TCU Horned Frogs (1-0) will be at home in Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena when they clash with the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (1-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148 points with TCU set as a 22-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles at TCU Horned Frogs Odds Preview
The Golden Eagles won big over the Midway Eagles in their last matchup, 94-56. Curtis Phillips was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Tennessee Tech dominated every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 and a turnover percentage of 17.0. Midway put up marks of 0.367 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Horned Frogs last matchup, they beat the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 83-73. TCU’s Kenrich Williams led the way, contributing 13 points, 14 rebounds and seven assists. TCU played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.279 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7. Louisiana-Monroe was 0.101 and 22.5, respectively, for those same stats.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of TCU. Since the 2016-17 season, TCU ranks 192nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Tennessee Tech has forced the 60th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.8 percent).
The Golden Eagles have had records of 13-20 straight up (SU) and 14-10 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games featuring Tennessee Tech have had a tendency to go under the O/U total since last season (62.5 percent).
The Horned Frogs, meanwhile, have records of 20-15 SU and 19-19 ATS since last season. TCU’s games have gone over the O/U total 55.3 percent of the time over that same time frame.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles at TCU Horned Frogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Horned Frogs rank 52nd in blocks per game (4.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 150th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Tennessee Tech averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. TCU ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- TCU ranks 13th in assists per game (17.0) while Tennessee Tech ranks 244th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Horned Frogs rank 39th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 231st (36.7).
- TCU ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Tennessee Tech ranks 252nd (22.9).