The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (0-2) will travel to Tiger Arena to go head-to-head with the Savannah State Tigers (1-2). The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Savannah State Tigers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Tigers beat the Middle Georgia State Knights, 105-95, while the Golden Eagles were beaten by the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 80-65.
Savannah State dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.280 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.2. Middle Georgia State was 0.116 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats. Tennessee Tech, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.264 vs. 0.092). Jahlin Smith had a good outing for Savannah State, contributing 15 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Tennessee Tech was lifted by Courtney Alexander II, who put up 17 points and 11 rebounds.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Tennessee Tech. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Tennessee Tech ranks 290th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Savannah State has forced the 40th-most turnovers in the country (21.4 percent).
Tennessee Tech vs. Savannah State Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tennessee Tech, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Savannah State averages 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the country. Tennessee Tech ranks 239th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Tigers average 9.3 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the country. The Golden Eagles rank 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 122nd in blocks per game (3.5) while Savannah State ranks 214th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Tigers rank first in three pointers attempted per game (41.7) while the Golden Eagles rank 211th (20.9).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 121st in assists per game (14.1) while Savannah State ranks 307th in assists allowed per game (20.7).