The Belmont Bruins (22-7, 13-3 OVC) wrap up their home schedule at Curb Event Center against the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (9-20, 6-10 OVC). The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Belmont Bruins ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bruins defeated the Eastern Kentucky Colonels 83-70, while the Golden Eagles beat the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 71-62.
Tennessee Tech’s 0.587 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Southeast Missouri State, who had a mark of 0.408. The Golden Eagles’ mark was above their season average of 0.479, while the Redhawks’ was below their season average of 0.474. Meanwhile, Belmont played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.177 (above their season average of 0.163) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 24.8). For those same stats, Eastern Kentucky put up marks of 0.096 and 25.9, respectively. Adam Kunkel played well for Belmont with 22 points. Jr. Clay had a good game for Tennessee Tech, finishing with 12 points and seven assists.
In their first matchup this season, Nick Muszynski led the Bruins to a 92-84 victory. He put up 19 points. The Bruins’ 9.6 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Golden Eagles, who had a rate of 17.2.
Belmont could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the country. The Bruins rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while Tennessee Tech ranks 292nd in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Golden Eagles rank 350th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.147), while the Bruins rank 19th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.161).
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles at Belmont Bruins Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
- Belmont ranks first in assists per game (18.8) while Tennessee Tech ranks 262nd in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Bruins average 37.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 76th in the nation. The Golden Eagles rank 163rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Belmont ranks 109th in blocks per game (3.3) while Tennessee Tech ranks 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Bruins rank 50th in steals per game (7.7) while the Golden Eagles rank 185th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Belmont averages 28.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. Tennessee Tech ranks 149th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (6.2 below their season average).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.8, up from 12.6 for the season.