The Tennessee State Tigers (3-8) will travel to Memorial Gym to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores (7-3). The game can be seen on SEC Network at 1:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Tennessee State Tigers at Vanderbilt Commodores ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Commodores beat the Winthrop Eagles, 92-79, while the Tigers were beaten by the Lipscomb Bisons, 86-79.
The Commodores had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.619 vs. 0.463) and had a better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 14.2). Tennessee State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 20.3). Vanderbilt received a boost from Simi Shittu, who had 18 points and 10 rebounds. Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey had a solid performance for Tennessee State, contributing 26 points and six rebounds.
Vanderbilt could have their way on defense as they go head-to-head against one of the worst offenses in the country. The Commodores currently rank 37th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.451), while Tennessee State is 271st in effective field goal percentage (0.488).
Tennessee State Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Vanderbilt, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Under
- Tennessee State ranks 24th in steals per game (8.6) while Vanderbilt ranks 169th (4.8).
- The Tigers rank 29th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Commodores rank 130th (22.8).
- Vanderbilt is 47th in the NCAA with 11.3 assists allowed per game while Tennessee State is 54th with 11.5 assists allowed per game.
- The Commodores rank 30th in rebounds per game (40.4) while the Tigers rank 166th (35.2).
- Vanderbilt ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Tennessee State ranks 123rd (4.2).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 85.6 points per game (12.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (3.5 below their season average).
- The Commodores’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 10.2 for the season.