The Murray State Racers (14-5, 7-0 OVC) welcome the Tennessee State Tigers (12-8, 4-3 OVC) to CFSB Center. The Racers look to extend their eight-game winning streak. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Tennessee State Tigers vs. Murray State Racers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Racers were victorious over the Belmont Bruins, 85-75, while the Tigers lost big to the Austin Peay Governors, 99-74.
Murray State played a nearly flawless contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.289) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (below their season average of 32.3). For those same stats, Belmont was 0.078 and 17.9, respectively. Tennessee State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.6 vs. 34.3). Murray State received a boost from Tevin Brown, who had 24 points, eight assists and seven rebounds. Jy’lan Washington had a good outing for Tennessee State, recording 17 points and nine rebounds.
The Racers won the only contest between these two teams last season, 100-62. The Racers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Tigers. Murray State had a rate of 7.3, while Tennessee State posted a mark of 20.8. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Murray State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Racers currently rank 25th in offensive efficiency, while Tennessee State ranks 275th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Tigers are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 35th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent). The Racers, however, rank sixth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.7 percent).
Tennessee State Tigers vs. Murray State Racers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Over
- Tennessee State ranks 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Murray State ranks 135th (3.9).
- The Racers rank 42nd in assists per game (15.4) while the Tigers rank 77th (14.3).
- Murray State ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Tennessee State ranks 64th (5.8).
- The Tigers rank 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Racers rank 256th (18.0).
- Murray State ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while Tennessee State ranks 42nd (32.0).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (6.3 above their season average).
- The Racers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 13.1 for the season.