The No. 4 Kansas Jayhawks and Tennessee State Tigers will battle at Allen Fieldhouse to get their seasons started. Kansas is a 26.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 147 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Tennessee State Tigers at Kansas Jayhawks Betting Preview
Kansas reached the Elite Eight last season as a top seed in the tournament, where the Oregon Ducks defeated them. In the regular season, the Jayhawks went 28-4. Tennessee State, meanwhile, failed to reach the tournament following a 17-13 regular season campaign.
This showdown pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. In the 2016-17 season, Kansas ranked 12th in offensive efficiency and Tennessee State ranked 46th in defensive efficiency.
The Tigers were 17-13 straight up (SU) last season, but were just 11-14 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring Tennessee State have typically gone under the projected point total (60.0 percent).
The Jayhawks were 28-4 SU last season, but had a difficult time covering the spread (15-19 ATS). Contrary to Tennessee State, a little over half of Kansas’ games finished over the O/U total.
Tennessee State Tigers at Kansas Jayhawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while the Jayhawks rank 117th (34.3).
- Tennessee State ranks 141st in blocks per game (3.4) while Kansas ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Kansas ranks 23rd in assists per game (16.2) while Tennessee State ranks 275th (11.3).
- The Jayhawks rank 129th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Tigers rank 307th (16.7).
- Tennessee State averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 102nd in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 203rd in steals allowed per game (6.8).