The North Carolina A&T Aggies (5-4) will be at home in Corbett Sports Center when they square off against the Tennessee State Tigers (5-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017.
Tennessee State Tigers at North Carolina A&T Aggies Free Preview
The Tigers dismantled the Alabama State Hornets in their last outing, 64-45. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Christian Mekowulu put together a good performance for Tennessee State. Tennessee State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.816 (above their season average of 0.249) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.434 (below their season average of 0.496). For those same stats, Alabama
State was 0.383 and 0.287, respectively.
The last time the Aggies played, they were dismantled by the Georgetown Hoyas, 83-74. Milik Gantz was North Carolina A&T’s leading scorer with 21 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Georgetown did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent). North Carolina A&T, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.8 vs. 16.8).
It could be an error-filled game for the North Carolina A&T offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, North Carolina A&T ranks 296th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.3 percent), while the pesky defense of Tennessee State has forced the 35th-most turnovers in the nation (23.2 percent). Moreover, the Tigers, who rank 55th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.286), could get to the line a ton against the Aggies, who rank 261st in opponents FTA rate (0.269).
Tennessee State Tigers at North Carolina A&T Aggies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina A&T, ATS Winner – North Carolina A&T, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Aggies rank 72nd (5.8).
- Tennessee State averages 37.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. North Carolina A&T ranks 135th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- Tennessee State ranks 109th in blocks per game (3.3) while North Carolina A&T ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Aggies rank 198th in three pointers attempted per game (19.5) while the Tigers rank 225th (18.4).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 208th in assists per game (12.1) while Tennessee State ranks 235th (11.2).