The Morehead State Eagles (12-16, 6-9 OVC) close out their home schedule at Ellis T Johnson Arena against the Tennessee State Tigers (16-12, 8-7 OVC). The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Tennessee State Tigers at Morehead State Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Eagles were beaten by the Belmont Bruins, 80-67, while the Tigers were blown out by the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 83-62.
Tennessee State was lights out from beyond the arc (9-23; 39.1 percent) while Morehead State held Belmont to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below the 28.3 mark opponents have averaged against Morehead State this season). Morehead State was led by Djimon Henson, who put up 10 points and 10 rebounds. Wesley Harris, meanwhile had a good game for Tennessee State, recording 18 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Shakem Johnson led the Tigers to a 64-48 victory. He notched a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Tennessee State’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Morehead State. The Tigers had a rate of 0.151, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.066.
There’s a decent chance that Tennessee State struggles to create turnovers. Morehead State ranks 83rd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.8 percent), while Tennessee State forces the 65th-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent).
Tennessee State Tigers at Morehead State Eagles Odds Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Morehead State, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Under
- Tennessee State ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Morehead State ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Tigers average 21.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 172nd in the nation. The Eagles rank 195th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Tigers rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Eagles rank 173rd (5.1).
- Tennessee State ranks 48th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Morehead State ranks 113th (12.1).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Tennessee State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average).