The Tennessee State Tigers (16-11, 8-6 OVC) will be at McBrayer Arena to take on the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (13-14, 10-4 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Tennessee State Tigers at Eastern Kentucky Colonels ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Colonels were beaten by the Austin Peay Governors, 93-85, while the Tigers defeated the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 70-55.
Tennessee State’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Tennessee Tech. The Tigers had a rate of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.536), while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 0.321 (below their season average of 0.485). Eastern Kentucky, on the other hand, held Austin Peay to an effective field goal percentage of 0.465 (below their season average of 0.521). Eastern Kentucky was lifted by Tre King, who had 23 points. Meanwhile, Jy’lan Washington had a solid performance for Tennessee State, finishing with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jomaru Brown led the Colonels to a 92-88 victory. He scored a game-high 37 points. Eastern Kentucky did a fantastic job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent). Tennessee State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.1 vs. 25.7).
The sharp-shooting offense of Tennessee State (37th in the country with an effective field goal percentage 0.537) will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Eastern Kentucky (273rd in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.513). The Tigers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Tennessee State Tigers at Eastern Kentucky Colonels ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tennessee State, ATS Winner – Tennessee State, O/U – Under
- Tennessee State ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 292nd in rebounds allowed per game (40.9).
- The Tigers rank 47th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Colonels rank 197th (2.1).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while Tennessee State ranks 183rd (21.1).
- The Tigers rank 45th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Colonels rank 249th (15.1).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks seventh in steals per game (9.4) while Tennessee State ranks 203rd (5.3).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Tennessee State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average).