Expect a fast-paced game when the Tennessee State Tigers (5-13, 2-4 OVC) visit Austin Peay to take on the Governors (13-6, 5-1 OVC). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Tennessee State Tigers vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Governors lost a tough one against the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 85-83, while the Tigers lost big to the Belmont Bruins, 92-74.
Tennessee State held Belmont to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 26.5) while Austin Peay had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 16.6). Austin Peay rallied around Chris Porter-Bunton, who recorded 24 points. Michael Littlejohn, meanwhile had a good game for Tennessee State, putting up 19 points.
The Tigers won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 70-56. Tennessee State’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Austin Peay. The Tigers had a rate of 0.475, while the Governors posted a mark of 0.210. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
There could be plenty of transition action in this matchup that showcases a pair of the nation’s more up-tempo teams. Austin Peay ranks 52nd in possessions per game (73.2) and Tennessee State is 29th (74.8). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Tigers, which ranks 331st in ball security (turnover percentage of 22.8 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Governors, which forces the 27th-most turnovers in the nation (23.4 percent).
Tennessee State Tigers at Austin Peay Governors ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Tennessee State, O/U – Over
- Tennessee State ranks 30th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Austin Peay ranks 142nd (22.6).
- The Governors average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. The Tigers rank 152nd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- Austin Peay averages 37.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 74th in the country. Tennessee State ranks 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- The Tigers average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 33rd in the country. The Governors rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Tennessee State ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Austin Peay ranks 137th (13.3).
- The Tigers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Governors have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average).