The Temple Owls (14-13, 6-8 AAC) will be at Charles Koch Arena to take on the Wichita State Shockers (20-7, 8-6 AAC) in an AAC matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020, and will air on ESPN.
Temple Owls at Wichita State Shockers Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Shockers lost a close one to the Cincinnati Bearcats, 67-64, while the Owls fell to the East Carolina Pirates, 67-63.
Temple had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.9 vs. 27.0) while Wichita State held Cincinnati to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 32.5). Wichita State’s Jaime Echenique led the way, putting up 10 points and 12 rebounds. Quinton Rose played a key role for Temple with 15 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Rose led the Owls to a 65-53 victory. He put up 19 points. One of Temple’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Wichita State had 16.
Wichita State could have their way on defense as they go head-to-head against one of the worst offenses in the NCAA. The Shockers rank 10th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.441), while Temple is 319th in effective field goal percentage (0.464). Also, the Owls rank 272nd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 percent), while the Shockers rank 44th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Temple at Wichita State ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Over
- Wichita State ranks 27th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Temple ranks 260th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Shockers average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. The Owls rank 166th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Wichita State averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 71st in the nation. Temple ranks 153rd in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Shockers rank 55th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Owls rank 279th (25.5).
- Wichita State ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while Temple ranks 179th (13.3).
- The Shockers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (9.7 above their season average).