The Temple Owls (14-12, 6-7 AAC) will be at Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum to square off with the East Carolina Pirates (10-17, 4-10 AAC) in an AAC matchup. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Temple Owls at East Carolina Pirates ATS Odds
In their last game, the Pirates fell to the Memphis Tigers, 77-73, while the Owls were victorious over the UConn Huskies, 93-89.
The Owls knocked down 27 of their 35 free throws (77.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.493 (above their season average of 0.466). East Carolina, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.483 vs. 0.500). Tristen Newton had a solid performance for East Carolina with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Nate Pierre-Louis played well for Temple, finishing with 23 points, 14 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, J.P. Moorman II led the Owls to a 76-64 victory. He registered a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Temple did a great job of getting and making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). East Carolina, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 vs. 14.3).
East Carolina might have difficulty putting up points as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. Temple currently ranks 80th in defensive efficiency while the Pirates rank 288th in offensive efficiency.
Temple Owls at East Carolina Pirates ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Temple, O/U – Under
- East Carolina ranks 122nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Temple ranks 267th (38.3).
- The Pirates rank 218th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7) while the Owls rank 277th (25.9).
- East Carolina blocks 3.1 opponent shots per game, which ranks 115th in the country. Temple ranks 158th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Owls rank 40th in steals per game (8.0) while the Pirates rank 170th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Temple ranks 92nd in assists per game (14.1) while East Carolina ranks 181st in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (6.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (12.1 above their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 2.7 for the season.