It will be a meeting between two exceptional defenses when the Kansas State Wildcats (7-6, 0-1 Big 12) challenge the TCU Horned Frogs (10-3, 1-0 Big 12) at Fred Bramlage Coliseum. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 7, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
TCU Horned Frogs at Kansas State Wildcats Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Wildcats were beaten by the Oklahoma Sooners, 66-61, while the Horned Frogs barely escaped the Iowa State Cyclones, 81-79.
TCU’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Iowa State. The Horned Frogs had a rate of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.526), while the Cyclones posted a mark of 0.492. Kansas State, on the other hand, held Oklahoma to an effective field goal percentage of 0.422 (below their season average of 0.484). Kansas State was led by Xavier Sneed, who recorded 22 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Kevin Samuel played a key role for TCU with 16 points, nine rebounds and six blocks.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, taking all three contests. In the most recent game, Kansas State won 70-61. The Wildcats’ 11.6 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Horned Frogs, who had a rate of 23.5. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The inefficient offense of Kansas State (272nd in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 98.1) will face off against the stingy defense of TCU (35th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 89.5). The Horned Frogs figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
TCU Horned Frogs at Kansas State Wildcats ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Under
- Kansas State ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while TCU ranks 201st (15.1).
- The Horned Frogs rank 39th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while the Wildcats rank 111th (23.2).
- TCU averages 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. Kansas State ranks 129th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Horned Frogs rank 28th in steals per game (8.9) while the Wildcats rank 138th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- TCU ranks 25th in blocks per game (5.2) while Kansas State ranks 118th (3.2).
- The Horned Frogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 12.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average).