The TCU Horned Frogs (15-12, 6-8 Big 12) and the Iowa State Cyclones (11-16, 4-10 Big 12) clash at James H. Hilton Coliseum. The Horned Frogs look to snap a seven-game road losing streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
TCU Horned Frogs vs. Iowa State Cyclones Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cyclones lost big to the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 87-57, while the Horned Frogs defeated the 17th-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers, 67-60.
The Horned Frogs made 13 of their 16 free throws (81.3 percent) and held the Mountaineers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.419 (below the 0.498 mark opponents have averaged against TCU this season). Iowa State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 28.8). Solomon Young had a solid outing for Iowa State with 16 points and five rebounds. Kevin Samuel, meanwhile had a solid performance for TCU, putting up 19 points, eight rebounds and five blocks.
In their first matchup this season, Samuel led the Horned Frogs to an 81-79 victory. He recorded 16 points, nine rebounds and six blocks. TCU’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Iowa State. The Horned Frogs had a rate of 0.638 while the Cyclones posted a mark of 0.492.
Points at the line might be scarce for Iowa State in this matchup. The Cyclones rank 252nd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.208, while TCU ranks 90th in FTA rate allowed (0.198). Also, the Horned Frogs are among the nation’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 40th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent). The Cyclones, meanwhile, rank 328th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.7 percent).
TCU Horned Frogs at Iowa State Cyclones Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Over
- Iowa State averages 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 57th in the country. TCU ranks 242nd in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Horned Frogs rank 84th in steals per game (7.0) while the Cyclones rank 188th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- TCU averages 35.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 150th in the country. Iowa State ranks 208th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Horned Frogs rank 40th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while the Cyclones rank 190th (22.4).
- Iowa State ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.4) while TCU ranks 157th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Cyclones’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 55.8 points per game (9.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (2.7 above their season average).