The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+6) are heading across the country to take on the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field. Kickoff for this showdown is scheduled for 4:05 p.m. ET and fans can tune in to the action on FOX.
Week 9 Betting Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay is a live dog and is currently getting 6 points in this Sunday NFC game. The Buccaneers are also receiving +190 moneyline odds while the Seahawks are -230. Oddsmakers have set the over/under (O/U) at 54 points. It looks like this match will likely present some in-game betting opportunities.
With the line opening at -6 and the total initially set at 53.5, bookmakers have swayed the odds slightly.
The Buccaneers are 2-5 against the spread (ATS) and have lost 0.9 units so far. The team has posted an O/U record of 5-2.
The Seahawks are up 2.8 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 3-4-1 ATS and own an even O/U record of 4-4.
The Buccaneers are just 2-5 straight up (SU) in 2019 while the Seahawks are 6-2 SU.
The Buccaneers lost to Tennessee 27-23 in a Week 8 matchup where the passing game could’ve been more effective as Jameis Winston completed just 21-of-43 passes for 301 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Ronald Jones II (only 35 rushing yards on 11 attempts) and Peyton Barber (20 yards on 10 carries) led the ground attack in the loss while Mike Evans (11 receptions, 198 yards, two TDs) and Chris Godwin (four catches, 43 yards) manned the receiving duties.
The Seattle Seahawks just earned a 27-20 win over Atlanta in Week 8. The defensive secondary allowed the Falcons to air it out for 460 yards. Julio Jones had a good showing in the loss, posting 152 yards on 10 catches for Atlanta. For Seattle, Russell Wilson completed 14-of-20 passes for 182 yards and two touchdowns. Chris Carson (90 yards on 20 rush attempts, one TD) and Rashaad Penny (55 yards on eight carries) spearheaded the ground game in the win as Tyler Lockett (six receptions, 100 yards) and DK Metcalf (three catches, 13 yards, two TDs) led the receiving corps.
Tampa Bay has run the ball on 41.3 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Seattle has a rush percentage of 50.1 percent. The Buccaneers have run for 99.3 yards per game and have six scores via handoffs this year. The Seahawks are logging 130 rush yards per game and have eight total rushing TDs.
The Bucs offensive scheme has averaged 296 yards through the air overall and has 14 passing TDs so far. The Seahawks have put up 265.9 pass yards per outing and have 17 total pass scores.
On the defensive side of the ball, Tampa Bay has allowed 68.6 rush yards and 302.4 pass yards per game. The Seattle defense has given up 283.8 yards per game to opposing passers and 103.1 yards per game to opposing runners. Both teams allow similar adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) to the opposition, as the Bucs have given up an ANY/A of 6.88 to opposing QBs, while the Seahawks are allowing an ANY/A of 6.51.
Wilson likely has the edge over Winston in this one. The Seahawks man under center has an adjusted net yards per pass attempt 9.26 for the season and 6.67 over his last two games while Winston’s ANY/A is 6.43 (and 3.67 over the past two games).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Seattle Seahawks Free NFL Tip
SU Winner: Seahawks, ATS Winner: Buccaneers, O/U: Under
- The O/U for Tampa Bay’s previous game was 45.5. The over cashed in the team’s 27-23 loss to Tennessee.
- Tampa Bay, as a team, has averaged 3.7 yards per rush attempt across its last three outings and 3.4 over its last two.
- Seattle has averaged 4.4 yards per carry over its last three matchups and 4.4 over its past two.
- The Seattle offense has lost seven fumbles this season while Tampa Bay has lost five.
- In its last three matches, Tampa Bay is 0-3 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- Tampa Bay has lost five of its last six games SU, with a 15-point win over Los Angeles on September 29th accounting for the only victory over that stretch.
- The O/U for Seattle’s last game was set at 48.5. The under cashed in the team’s 27-20 victory over Atlanta.
- Over its last three contests, Seattle is 1-1-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Seattle has won five of its last six games SU, with a -14-point loss to Baltimore on October 20th representing the only slip-up over that span.
- The Buccaneers offense has registered seven pass plays of 40 or more yards, while the Seahawks have accounted for six such plays.
- The Tampa Bay defense has allowed five pass plays of 40+ yards, while Seattle has given up four such plays.
- The Tampa Bay offense has created three rushing plays of 20 or more yards, while Seattle has created five such runs.
- The Buccaneers defense has allowed one rushing play of 20 or more yards, while the Seahawks have given up seven such runs.
- The Tampa Bay defensive unit has sacked opposing quarterbacks 16 times this season. Seattle has registered 13 sacks.