The Pittsburgh Panthers (15-13, 6-11 ACC) wrap up their home schedule at Petersen Events Center against the Syracuse Orange (15-12, 8-8 ACC). The game can be seen on ACC Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Syracuse Orange vs. Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Panthers lost a tough one against the Virginia Cavaliers, 59-56, while the Orange beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 79-72.
The Orange knocked down 28 of their 36 free throws (77.8 percent), while the Yellow Jackets had a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above the 17.2 mark opponents have averaged against Syracuse this season). Pittsburgh, on the other hand, forced Virginia into a turnover percentage of 22.9 (above their season average of 17.6). Xavier Johnson played a key role for Pittsburgh with 16 points and six steals. Elijah Hughes, meanwhile had a good game for Syracuse, finishing with 20 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
In their first matchup this season, Marek Dolezaj led the Orange to a 69-61 win. He put up 17 points and seven rebounds. The Orange’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Panthers. Syracuse had a rate of 28.6, while Pittsburgh posted a mark of 21.6.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Pittsburgh in this matchup. The Panthers currently rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent), while Syracuse ranks 328th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.0 percent). Additionally, the Orange commit the 50th-fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while the pesky defense of the Panthers causes the 21st-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.6 percent).
Syracuse Orange at Pittsburgh Panthers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Under
- Syracuse ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Pittsburgh ranks 271st (18.0).
- The Panthers rank 19th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Orange rank 97th (6.1).
- Syracuse ranks 149th in rebounds per game (35.5) while Pittsburgh ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Orange average 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 73rd in the country. The Panthers rank 195th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- Syracuse ranks 42nd in blocks per game (4.4) while Pittsburgh ranks 158th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Pittsburgh has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (9.1 above their season average).