The Syracuse Orange (11-7, 4-3 ACC) will be at Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center to take on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (11-6, 2-4 ACC) in an ACC matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Syracuse Orange vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Fighting Irish beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 78-74, while the Orange edged the Virginia Tech Hokies 71-69.
The Orange had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 5.8 (better than their season average of 15.8), while the Hokies had a free throw rate of 0.068 (below their season average of 0.189). The Fighting Irish, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 12.4) and held the Yellow Jackets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 27.6). Notre Dame’s John Mooney had a solid performance, finishing with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Syracuse, meanwhile, was lifted by Marek Dolezaj, who put up 11 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Mooney led the Fighting Irish to an 88-87 victory. He registered a double-double with 28 points and 14 rebounds. The Fighting Irish’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Orange. Notre Dame had a rate of 10.6, while Syracuse posted a mark of 13.6.
There’s a decent chance that Syracuse struggles to create turnovers. Notre Dame ranks first in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.1 percent), while Syracuse forces the 154th-most turnovers (20.1 percent).
Syracuse at Notre Dame ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
- Notre Dame ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (28.6) while Syracuse ranks 271st in three pointers allowed per game (29.8).
- The Fighting Irish rank 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Orange rank 89th (6.2).
- Syracuse ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Notre Dame ranks 74th (3.1).
- The Fighting Irish average 17.6 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the country. The Orange rank 247th in assists allowed per game (16.8).
- Notre Dame averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. Syracuse ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Fighting Irish’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average).