The Syracuse Orange (4-4, 0-1 ACC) will be at McCamish Pavilion to square off against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-2, 1-0 ACC) in an ACC matchup. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Syracuse Orange at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Yellow Jackets beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 73-56, while the Orange lost to the Iowa Hawkeyes, 68-54.
Georgia Tech played a nearly flawless contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.473 (below their season average of 0.500) and a turnover percentage of 17.3 (better than their season average of 20.8). For those same stats, Nebraska was 0.369 and 19.8, respectively. Syracuse, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.192 vs. 0.082). Georgia Tech received a boost from Michael Devoe, who had 26 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Elijah Hughes played a pivotal role for Syracuse with 10 points and seven rebounds.
The Yellow Jackets won the lone game between these two teams last year, 73-59. Georgia Tech launched 12 three pointers, making six of them (50.0 percent). Syracuse was, on the other hand, 7-33 (21.2 percent).
This could end up being an error-filled game for the offense of Georgia Tech. Dating back to last season, Georgia Tech ranks 311th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.4 percent), while the pesky defense of Syracuse has forced the 21st-most turnovers in the nation (23.3 percent).
Syracuse Orange vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – Georgia Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Syracuse ranks 76th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Georgia Tech ranks 295th (17.9).
- The Orange average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 27th in the country. The Yellow Jackets rank 130th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Georgia Tech ranks 201st in rebounds per game (34.9) while Syracuse ranks 252nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Orange rank 36th in steals per game (8.1) while the Yellow Jackets rank 221st in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Georgia Tech averages 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 131st in the nation. Syracuse ranks 261st in assists allowed per game (14.8).