The Syracuse Orange (14-10, 7-6 ACC) and their phenomenal offense travel to Florida State to play the eighth-ranked Seminoles (20-4, 10-3 ACC) and their tremendous defense. The game will air on ESPN2 at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Syracuse Orange vs. Florida State Seminoles Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Seminoles fell to the seventh-ranked Duke Blue Devils, 70-65, while the Orange were defeated by the North Carolina State Wolfpack, 79-74.
Syracuse held North Carolina State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 28.7) while Florida State forced Duke into a turnover percentage of 25.7 (above their season average of 15.5). Florida State rallied around Trent Forrest, who put up 18 points, nine rebounds and eight steals. Joseph Girard III had a good outing for Syracuse, contributing 30 points and five rebounds.
The Seminoles won the only game between these two teams last year, 80-62. Florida State made 11 of their 22 three pointers (50.0 percent), while Syracuse was 5-20 (25.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The productive offense of Florida State (74th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 107.9) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Syracuse (209th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 101.2). The Seminoles should have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Orange rank 51st in turnover percentage (17.0 percent), while the Seminoles rank 11th in opponents’ turnover percentage (25.1 percent).
Syracuse Orange vs. Florida State Seminoles Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
- Florida State ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Syracuse ranks 255th (16.9).
- The Seminoles average 5.7 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. The Orange rank 57th in blocks allowed per game (2.8).
- Florida State averages 34.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 183rd in the NCAA. Syracuse ranks 203rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Seminoles rank 137th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Orange rank 293rd (28.8).
- Florida State ranks 10th in steals per game (9.3) while Syracuse ranks 88th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (7.9 above their season average).
- The Seminoles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 10.0 for the season.