The Syracuse Orange (5-4) will travel to Capital One Arena to challenge the Georgetown Hoyas (6-3). The game starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
Syracuse Orange vs. Georgetown Hoyas Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Hoyas defeated the SMU Mustangs 91-74, while the Orange easily got past the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 97-63.
Syracuse dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.439 (above their season average of 0.258) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.632 (above their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, Georgia Tech had marks of 0.111 and 0.444, respectively. Georgetown, meanwhile, launched 27 three pointers, making 14 of them (51.9 percent), while SMU was 8-27 (29.6 percent). Mac McClung had a good outing for Georgetown with 19 points and seven assists. Syracuse, meanwhile, was lifted by Elijah Hughes, who finished with 33 points and five rebounds.
The Orange won the lone game between these two teams last year, 72-71. The Orange’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Hoyas. Syracuse had a rate of 11.7, while Georgetown posted a mark of 17.5.
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Hoyas will look to push the more half-court-oriented Orange. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Hoyas rank 43rd in possessions per game while the Orange are 287th.
Syracuse Orange vs. Georgetown Hoyas Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Georgetown ranks 32nd in assists per game (16.3) while Syracuse ranks 211th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Orange rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Hoyas rank 236th (22.0).
- Georgetown ranks 12th in blocks per game (4.3) while Syracuse ranks 62nd in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Orange average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 41st in the country. The Hoyas rank 209th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Georgetown averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. Syracuse ranks 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).