The Stony Brook Seawolves (10-6, 1-0 AmEast) will be at Roy L Patrick Gymnasium to clash against the Vermont Catamounts (10-5) in an AmEast matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Vermont Catamounts Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Catamounts defeated the Dartmouth Big Green 77-68, while the Seawolves dismantled the Maine Black Bears 73-52.
Stony Brook dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 19.9 (worse than their season average of 18.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.534 (above their season average of 0.494). Maine was 27.1 and 0.398, respectively, for those same stats. The Catamounts, meanwhile, forced 18 turnovers and held the Big Green to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.3 (below their season average of 22.9). Stef Smith played a key role for Vermont with 26 points. Stony Brook, meanwhile, rallied around Makale Foreman, who contributed 22 points.
The Catamounts dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last contest, Vermont won 56-50. Vermont’s 0.208 free throw rate was their largest strength over Stony Brook, who had a mark of 0.158. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Vermont should have a significant advantage. The Catamounts defense ranks 13th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.426), while the Stony Brook offense is ranked 201st in effective field goal percentage (0.496).
Stony Brook Seawolves at Vermont Catamounts Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Under
- Vermont averages 24.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 67th in the NCAA. Stony Brook ranks 207th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Seawolves rank 20th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Catamounts rank 68th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- The Seawolves rank 40th in rebounds per game (40.0) while the Catamounts rank 159th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Vermont ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Stony Brook ranks 144th (13.1).
- During their last five games, the Catamounts have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 54.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average).
- The Seawolves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 5.4 for the season.