The UNI Panthers (5-7) will be at home in the McLeod Center when they go head-to-head against the Stony Brook Seawolves (11-3). The game will air on ESPN 3 at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. UNI Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Panthers dismantled the Bemidji State Beavers 97-51, while the Seawolves won a close one over the George Washington Colonials 77-74.
The Seawolves had a much better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 19.5) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.1 vs. 26.3). UNI, on the other hand, dominated every stat category in their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 and a turnover percentage of 5.6. Bemidji State was 9.5 and 18.7, respectively, for those same stats. Wyatt Lohaus was a key piece for UNI with 19 points. Elijah Olaniyi had a good outing for Stony Brook, contributing 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Akwasi Yeboah and Olaniyi have played at a high level over the last five games for Stony Brook. Yeboah has averaged 0 points per game, while Olaniyi has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Seawolves currently rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (36.9 percent), while UNI ranks 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. UNI Panthers Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UNI, O/U – Under
- UNI ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while Stony Brook ranks 192nd (20.5).
- The Seawolves rank 35th in rebounds per game (40.1) while the Panthers rank 176th (34.9).
- UNI ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Stony Brook ranks 133rd (4.6).
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (4.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (2.9 above their season average).
- The Panthers have outscored opponents by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. For the season, UNI has lost by an average of 3.8 points.