The 12th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates (1-0) will be at home in the Prudential Center when they challenge the Stony Brook Seawolves (0-1). Action gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Seton Hall Pirates Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Pirates had no trouble getting past the Wagner Seahawks, 105-71, while the Seawolves lost to the Yale Bulldogs, 74-69.
Seton Hall played a nearly perfect contest. They had a turnover percentage of 11.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.692. Wagner recorded marks of 22.5 and 0.451, respectively, for those same stats. Stony Brook, meanwhile, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent). Seton Hall was led by Myles Powell, who put up 27 points. Elijah Olaniyi, meanwhile was a key piece for Stony Brook with 19 points and five rebounds.
The offense of Seton Hall will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Stony Brook. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Pirates rank 146th in offensive efficiency, while the Seawolves are 19th in defensive efficiency. The Seawolves should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Seton Hall Pirates Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Stony Brook averages 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the country. Seton Hall ranks 205th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- The Pirates rank 71st in steals per game (7.1) while the Seawolves rank 154th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Seton Hall averages 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 187th in the NCAA. Stony Brook ranks 241st in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Seawolves rank 39th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Pirates rank 224th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Seton Hall ranks 133rd in assists per game (13.7) while Stony Brook ranks 273rd (11.2).