The Stony Brook Seawolves (12-6, 3-0 AmEast) and the Hartford Hawks (9-8, 2-0 AmEast) battle at Chase Family Arena. The Seawolves look to continue their five-game winning streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Hartford Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Hawks were victorious over the UMass Lowell River Hawks 80-68, while the Seawolves easily got past the New Hampshire Wildcats 73-48.
Stony Brook played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.302 (above their season average of 0.225) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.538 (above their season average of 0.499). New Hampshire had marks of 0.149 and 0.284, respectively, for those same stats. Hartford, on the other hand, played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (below their season average of 0.222) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 21.5). For those same stats, UMass Lowell was 0.138 and 27.3, respectively. Hartford’s Malik Ellison had a good game, recording 26 points and 13 rebounds. Stony Brook, meanwhile, was led by Elijah Olaniyi, who contributed 22 points and 11 rebounds.
The Seawolves dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Stony Brook won 68-63. Stony Brook’s 0.125 free throw rate was their largest strength over Hartford, who had a rate of 0.055. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Hartford (302nd in the country with an offensive efficiency of 95.8) will face off against the elite defense of Stony Brook (77th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 93.0). The Seawolves figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Stony Brook at Hartford Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Over
- Stony Brook averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 34th in the country. Hartford ranks 245th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Hawks rank 75th in steals per game (7.5) while the Seawolves rank 98th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Seawolves rank 23rd in blocks per game (5.2) while the Hawks rank 158th (2.5).
- Hartford averages 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 111th in the country. Stony Brook ranks 223rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (0.2 below their season average).
- The Seawolves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 6.4 for the season.