The Stony Brook Seawolves (16-3, 4-0 AmEast) head to SEFCU Arena to go head-to-head with the Albany Great Danes (5-14, 0-4 AmEast). The Seawolves look to extend their six-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Albany Great Danes Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Great Danes lost a winnable game to the UMBC Retrievers, 65-64, while the Seawolves barely escaped the Maine Black Bears, 64-61.
Stony Brook dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 36.0) and a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.277). For those same stats, Maine recorded marks of 17.9 and 0.245, respectively. Albany, on the other hand, held UMBC to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 27.5). Albany received a boost from Cameron Healy, who finished with 24 points, five rebounds and five assists. Jaron Cornish had a good outing for Stony Brook, contributing six points, 10 assists and eight rebounds.
The Great Danes edged out the Seawolves in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the most recent matchup, Stony Brook won 69-60. The Seawolves’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Great Danes. Stony Brook had a rate of 12.9, while Albany posted a mark of 17.2. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Albany might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the country’s best defenses. Stony Brook ranks 48th in defensive efficiency, while the Great Danes rank 286th in offensive efficiency.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Albany Great Danes Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- Stony Brook ranks 17th in rebounds per game (40.9) while Albany ranks 204th (34.4).
- The Great Danes rank 196th in assists per game (12.2) while the Seawolves rank 225th (11.3).
- The Seawolves rank 41st in blocks per game (4.4) while the Great Danes rank 181st (1.8).
- Albany ranks 93rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Stony Brook ranks 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Seawolves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (2.0 above their season average).