AmEast foes will battle when the Albany Great Danes (12-5, 0-2 AmEast) meet the Stony Brook Seawolves (7-9, 2-0 AmEast) at SEFCU Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Albany Great Danes Odds Preview
The Seawolves barely escaped the Hartford Hawks in their last contest, 63-61. Junior Saintel led Stony Brook in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Stony Brook played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 (below their season average of 0.220) and a turnover percentage of 20.7 (worse than their season average of 18.3). For those same stats, Hartford recorded marks of 0.102 and 29.2, respectively.
The last time the Great Danes played, they were topped by the New Hampshire Wildcats, 64-61. Joe Cremo was the games high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-16 shooting. New Hampshire held the Great Danes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 37.8). Albany, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.347 (above their season average of 0.262).
Albany appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Great Danes currently rank 50th in offensive efficiency, while Stony Brook ranks 173rd in defensive efficiency.
Akwasi Yeboah has been impressive over the last five games for Stony Brook, averaging 19.2 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Seawolves won two out of three matchups played against each other last season. In the last contest, Albany won 63-56. The Great Danes dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.457. The Seawolves were 25.0 and 0.356, respectively, for those same stats.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Albany Great Danes ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- The Seawolves rank 70th in assists per game (15.4) while the Great Danes rank 111th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Stony Brook ranks 58th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while Albany ranks 252nd (15.6).
- The Seawolves rank 22nd in steals per game (8.4) while the Great Danes rank 179th (4.5).
- Albany ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Stony Brook ranks 148th (35.8).
- The Great Danes have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Albany has defeated opponents by an average of 5.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (6.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (5.9 below their season average).