The Albany Great Danes (14-15, 7-7 AmEast) wrap up their home schedule at SEFCU Arena against the Stony Brook Seawolves (18-11, 9-5 AmEast). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Albany Great Danes Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Great Danes got blown out by the UMass Lowell River Hawks, 88-69, while the Seawolves fell to the Hartford Hawks, 65-54.
Stony Brook had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 29.9) while Albany had an effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.480). Albany’s Ahmad Clark had a good outing, finishing with 23 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Stony Brook received a boost from Andrew Garcia, who had 14 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Elijah Olaniyi led the Seawolves to a 70-62 win. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Stony Brook made eight of their 16 three pointers (50.0 percent), while Albany was 8-29 (27.6 percent).
The Seawolves’ Garcia has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 17 points,8.0 rebounds,2.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Clark has averaged 19 points,5.8 rebounds,4.0 assists,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Great Danes.
The inefficient offense of Albany will clash against the top-notch defense of Stony Brook. The Great Danes rank 307th in offensive efficiency, while the Seawolves are 38th in defensive efficiency. The Seawolves should have the edge on that end of the court.
Stony Brook vs. Albany Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Over
- Albany averages 24.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 86th in the country. Stony Brook ranks 266th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Seawolves rank 24th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Great Danes rank 131st (3.0).
- Albany ranks 151st in assists per game (12.9) while Stony Brook ranks 235th (11.2).
- The Seawolves rank 31st in rebounds per game (39.2) while the Great Danes rank 166th (34.9).
- Stony Brook ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.8) while Albany ranks 220th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (6.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Seawolves have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Stony Brook has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.