The Stony Brook Seawolves (7-3) will travel to Mack Sports Complex to challenge the Hofstra Pride (6-4). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Hofstra Pride Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Pride were blown out by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 73-45, while the Seawolves were victorious over the Brown Bears, 79-63.
The Seawolves, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.468, had an absurd mark of 0.660, while the Bears had a free throw rate of 0.159 (below their season average of 0.225). Hofstra, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.172 vs. 0.127). Hofstra was lifted by Desure Buie, who finished with 17 points. Elijah Olaniyi, meanwhile had a good outing for Stony Brook, finishing with 30 points and seven rebounds.
The Pride won the only contest between these two teams last year, 71-64. Hofstra’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Stony Brook. The Pride had a rate of 0.217, while the Seawolves posted a mark of 0.043. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Hofstra could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Hofstra ranks 55th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Stony Brook forces the 86th-fewest turnovers (18.1 percent).
Stony Brook Seawolves at Hofstra Pride Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Under
- Stony Brook ranks 19th in blocks per game (5.2) while Hofstra ranks 206th (1.8).
- The Seawolves rank 104th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while the Pride rank 232nd (15.9).
- Stony Brook ranks 48th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Hofstra ranks 166th (21.3).
- The Seawolves rank 12th in rebounds per game (41.0) while the Pride rank 196th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Hofstra ranks 48th in steals per game (8.0) while Stony Brook ranks 185th (5.4).
- The Seawolves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, down from 7.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pride have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (5.1 below their season average).