The Western Illinois Leathernecks (0-1) begin their home schedule at Western Hall against the Stetson Hatters (1-0). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Stetson Hatters vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Leathernecks lost big to the Indiana Hoosiers, 98-65, while the Hatters easily got past the Trinity Baptist Eagles, 84-26.
Stetson played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 and a turnover percentage of 16.0. Trinity Baptist put up marks of 0.182 and 27.5, respectively, for those same stats. Western Illinois, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 12.6). Western Illinois was led by Kobe Webster, who recorded 18 points. Meanwhile, Christiaan Jones fueled Stetson with 23 points and five steals.
Stetson may have a tough time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Western Illinois ranks 41st in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.4 percent), while Stetson has forced the 165th-most turnovers (19.0 percent). Furthermore, the Hatters, who rank 332nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.177), will square off against the Leathernecks, who rank 28th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.184).
Stetson Hatters vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Stetson ranks 128th in assists per game (13.8) while Western Illinois ranks 295th (10.3).
- The Leathernecks average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 58th in the country. The Hatters rank 171st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Stetson ranks 165th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Western Illinois ranks 248th (20.3).
- The Hatters rank 82nd in steals per game (6.9) while the Leathernecks rank 228th (5.3).
- Stetson ranks 129th in rebounds per game (36.2) while Western Illinois ranks 261st in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).