The Liberty Flames (25-3, 11-2 Asun) close out their home schedule at Vines Center against the Stetson Hatters (15-13, 9-4 Asun). The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Stetson Hatters at Liberty Flames Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Flames beat the North Florida Ospreys, 82-77, while the Hatters lost to the NJIT Highlanders, 78-69.
The Flames made 24 of their 33 free throws (72.7 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 14.3). Stetson, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 30.3). Caleb Homesley put together a good outing for Liberty with 28 points and seven rebounds. Stetson was led by Christiaan Jones, who put up 19 points.
In their first matchup this year, Rob Perry led the Hatters to a 48-43 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 22 points. One of Stetson’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 12-14 (85.7 percent), while the Flames were just 4-8 (50.0 percent).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. Liberty ranks 349th in possessions per game (60.8) and Stetson is 343rd (63.9).
Stetson Hatters at Liberty Flames Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Over
- Liberty ranks first in assists allowed per game (8.3) while Stetson ranks 197th (13.7).
- The Flames rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Hatters rank 50th (5.6).
- Stetson ranks 188th in rebounds per game (34.6) while Liberty ranks 226th (33.7).
- The Flames rank 86th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while the Hatters rank 279th (26.4).
- Liberty ranks first in blocks allowed per game (1.8) while Stetson ranks 78th (3.1).
- The Hatters have outscored opponents by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Stetson has been defeated by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.0 points per game (5.0 above their season average).