The Marist Red Foxes (2-7) will be at home in McCann Center when they go head-to-head with the Stetson Hatters (6-5). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Stetson Hatters vs. Marist Red Foxes ATS Preview
In the Hatters last matchup, they fell to the Duquesne Dukes, 73-59. Stetson’s Divine Myles put together a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Duquesne’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Stetson. The Dukes had a rate of 0.211 (below their season average of 0.322), while the Hatters posted a mark of 0.053 (below their season average of 0.152).
The Red Foxes come in on a high note after barely hanging on to beat the Colgate Raiders in their last matchup, 78-76. Marist was lifted by Tobias Sjoberg, who contributed 14 points and nine rebounds. Marist played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 20.5) and a free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.242). Colgate was 20.7 and 0.228, respectively, for those same stats.
Stetson could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Dating back to last season, Stetson ranks sixth in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while Marist has forced the 25th-fewest turnovers (16.1 percent).
Myles has really been playing well over the last five games for Stetson, averaging 17.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
Stetson Hatters vs. Marist Red Foxes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Marist, ATS Winner – Marist, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hatters rank 174th in rebounds per game (35.7) while the Red Foxes rank 293rd (31.6).
- Marist ranks 221st in blocks per game (2.7) while Stetson ranks 248th (2.3).
- Marist ranks 80th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while Stetson ranks 258th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Hatters rank 121st in assists per game (14.3) while the Red Foxes rank 280th (11.4).
- Stetson ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Marist ranks 189th (6.6).