Stetson Hatters at Duquesne Dukes Free Preview
The Hatters won big over the Edward Waters Tigers in their last contest, 85-52. With 12 points, six assists and five rebounds, Stetson’s Divine Myles put together a solid outing. Stetson dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.1 (worse than their season average of 11.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.508). For those same stats, Edward Waters was 25.2 and 0.358, respectively.
In the Dukes last matchup, they dismantled the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 86-61. Duquesne’s Eric Williams Jr. played a key role with 24 points and 11 rebounds. Duquesne played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 34.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.440). For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore was 27.8 and 0.415, respectively.
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Hatters will look to push the slower-paced Dukes. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Hatters rank 26th in possessions per game while the Dukes are 200th.
Stetson Hatters at Duquesne Dukes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes rank 103rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Hatters rank 266th (23.5).
- Stetson ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Duquesne ranks 87th (5.8).
- Duquesne averages 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 122nd in the NCAA. Stetson ranks 323rd in rebounds allowed per game (41.9).
- The Hatters average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. The Dukes rank 293rd in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- Duquesne ranks 76th in blocks per game (4.1) while Stetson ranks 251st (2.3).