The South Alabama Jaguars (3-2) will be at home in Mitchell Center when they challenge the Stetson Hatters (3-2). Action begins at 8:05 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Stetson Hatters at South Alabama Jaguars Odds Preview
The Hatters had no trouble getting past the Ave Maria Gyrenes in their last contest, 87-53. Luke Doyle was the games high scorer with 15 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Stetson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 5.3 (better than their season average of 9.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.475). For those same stats, Ave Maria put up marks of 23.1 and 0.418, respectively.
The last time the Jaguars played, they beat the Saint Peters Peacocks, 54-49. With 13 points on 3-for-10 shooting, Rodrick Sikes was the games leading scorer. South Alabama played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.465 (above their season average of 0.243) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 27.1). For those same stats, Saint Peters was 0.140 and 13.3, respectively.
Ball protection could play a significant role in this contest. Since last season, Stetson has committed the third-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 14.4 percent), while the gambling defense of South Alabama has forced the 21st-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.4 percent).
The Hatters won the only contest against the Jaguars last season, 87-78. One of Stetsons largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 29 trips to the line, while South Alabama went just 13 times.
Stetson Hatters at South Alabama Jaguars Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Alabama, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jaguars rank 216th in rebounds per game (34.9) while the Hatters rank 319th in rebounds allowed per game (42.5).
- South Alabama ranks 161st in assists allowed per game (13.2) while Stetson ranks 259th (14.7).
- South Alabama ranks 59th in steals per game (7.2) while Stetson ranks 254th (5.0).
- The Jaguars rank 103rd in blocks per game (3.8) while the Hatters rank 262nd (2.2).
- South Alabama ranks 135th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while Stetson ranks 281st in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).