The Stetson Hatters (7-11, 1-2 Asun) will be at Flowers Hall to go head-to-head with the North Alabama Lions (7-10, 2-2 Asun) in an Asun matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Stetson Hatters at North Alabama Lions Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Lions defeated the Lipscomb Bisons, 82-69, while the Hatters fell to the FGCU Eagles, 66-62.
North Alabama played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.482) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 27.0). For those same stats, Lipscomb was 0.455 and 27.5, respectively. Stetson, on the other hand, held FGCU to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 29.6). North Alabama rallied around Christian Agnew, who had 20 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Rob Perry led the way for Stetson, finishing with 27 points.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Hatters won 63-60. Stetson’s 0.482 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over North Alabama, who had a mark of 0.420. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Stetson figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this contest. The Hatters are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 70th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.5 percent. Meanwhile, North Alabama ranks 256th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.4 percent.
Stetson Hatters at North Alabama Lions Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Alabama, ATS Winner – North Alabama, O/U – Under
- North Alabama ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Stetson ranks 269th (27.6).
- The Hatters rank 147th in rebounds per game (35.8) while the Lions rank 199th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- North Alabama ranks 34th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Stetson ranks 67th (5.9).
- During their last five games, the Hatters have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 1.7 for the season.