The FIU Golden Panthers (1-0) will be at home in FIU Arena when they meet the Stetson Hatters (1-0). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Stetson Hatters at FIU Golden Panthers Betting Preview
The last time the Hatters played, they defeated the Webber International Warriors, 98-89. Abayomi Iyiola was Stetson’s high scorer with 21 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Stetson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.8 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. Webber International was 16.2 and 16.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The Golden Panthers come in on a high note after blowing out the Florida Memorial Lions in their last contest, 70-47. FIU’s Eric Lockett was a key piece with 10 points, six rebounds and six steals. The Golden Panthers had a much better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 31.9) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.545 vs. 0.400).
Getting to the line could be scarce for FIU in this matchup. Since last season, the Golden Panthers rank 281st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.217, while Stetson ranks 77th in FTA rate allowed (0.216). This game should be a battle of conflicting paces. The fast-breaking Hatters rank 13th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Golden Panthers rank 268th.
The Hatters won the lone contest against the Golden Panthers last season, 82-67. Stetson had a much better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 23.3). FIU, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.6 vs. 7.7).
Stetson Hatters vs. FIU Golden Panthers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – FIU, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hatters rank 137th in assists per game (13.9) while the Golden Panthers rank 280th (11.3).
- Stetson ranks 244th in blocks per game (2.2) while FIU ranks 251st (2.1).
- FIU ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while Stetson ranks 325th (43.0).
- The Hatters rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Golden Panthers rank 281st (17.8).
- Stetson ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while FIU ranks 200th (6.5).