The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (23-3, 14-1 SthLnd) and the UIW Cardinals (9-17, 6-9 SthLnd) battle at Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center. The Lumberjacks look to continue their 10-game winning streak. The game begins at 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. UIW Cardinals Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Cardinals defeated the McNeese State Cowboys 65-59, while the Lumberjacks beat the Central Arkansas Bears 83-68.
Stephen F. Austin dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.436 (above their season average of 0.305) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (below their season average of 0.542). For those same stats, Central Arkansas was 0.215 and 0.415, respectively. Meanwhile, UIW dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 19.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 28.4). McNeese State was 23.7 and 24.1, respectively, for those same stats. UIW’s Keaston Willis played well, contributing 23 points and five rebounds. Stephen F. Austin was led by Roti Ware, who had 12 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Cameron Johnson led the Lumberjacks to an 80-56 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. Stephen F. Austin’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over UIW. The Lumberjacks had a rate of 0.264, while the Cardinals posted a mark of 0.100.
UIW might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the country’s best defenses. Stephen F. Austin currently ranks 14th in defensive efficiency, while the Cardinals rank 330th in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the Lumberjacks, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (38.1 percent), will square off against the Cardinals, who rank 333rd in defensive rebounding percentage (67.4 percent).
Stephen F. Austin at UIW ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Under
- Stephen F. Austin ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.7) while UIW ranks 214th (36.4).
- The Cardinals rank 201st in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Lumberjacks rank 299th (15.6).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 117th in blocks per game (3.1) while UIW ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Lumberjacks rank 39th in assists per game (15.0) while the Cardinals rank 244th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- UIW averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 70th in the nation. Stephen F. Austin ranks 204th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- The Cardinals have outscored opponents by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, UIW has lost by an average of 6.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average).