The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (10-1) and the Missouri Tigers (9-2) clash at Mizzou Arena. The Lumberjacks will try to prolong their six-game winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Missouri Tigers ATS Preview
In the Lumberjacks last matchup, they won a close one over the LSU Tigers, 83-82. Ivan Canete was the games high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Stephen F. Austin dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 36.3) and a turnover percentage of 20.1 (worse than their season average of 18.3). LSU was 31.0 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The Tigers will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the North Florida Ospreys in their last game, 85-51. With 18 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Jordan Barnett was the games leading scorer. The Tigers held the Ospreys to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 31.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.346 (below their season average of 0.537).
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the productive offense of Missouri takes on the elite defense of Stephen F. Austin. The Tigers rank 24th in offensive efficiency, while the Lumberjacks are 30th in defensive efficiency. It will also be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Lumberjacks rank 50th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Tigers rank 272nd.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Stephen F. Austin games have gone over 100.0 percent of the time, while games featuring Missouri have finished under 55.6 percent of the time. The Lumberjacks have the superior straight up (SU) record (10-1 vs. 9-2), but the Tigers hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (6-4 vs. 1-0).
Barnett has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Missouri, averaging 18.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Missouri Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 32nd in blocks per game (5.1) while the Lumberjacks rank 160th (2.5).
- Missouri ranks 38th in assists per game (16.5) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 146th (13.5).
- Missouri ranks 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 226th (18.4).
- The Tigers rank 21st in rebounds per game (40.9) while the Lumberjacks rank 169th (35.1).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks first in steals per game (12.9) while Missouri ranks 140th (5.8).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.0, down from 15.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.8 above their season average).