The Mississippi State Bulldogs (3-0) and the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (4-0) look to remain unbeaten when they face off at Humphrey Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Lumberjacks easily got past the Howard Payne Yellow Jackets in their last contest, 118-64. With 25 points, nine rebounds and five steals, Stephen F. Austins TJ Holyfield put together a solid game. Stephen F. Austin dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 54.5 (above their season average of 44.8) and a turnover percentage of 18.9 (better than their season average of 23.0). For those same stats, Howard Payne was 24.1 and 41.1, respectively.
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they topped the Green Bay Phoenix, 77-68. Mississippi State received a boost from Abdul Ado, who contributed 12 points and 11 rebounds. Mississippi State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.2 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7. Green Bay recorded marks of 22.7 and 26.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Mississippi State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nations best defenses. Stephen F. Austin ranks 46th in defensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs rank 213th in offensive efficiency dating back to last season.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 39th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Lumberjacks rank 82nd (12.1).
- Mississippi State averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. Stephen F. Austin ranks 90th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Mississippi State ranks 246th (37.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Lumberjacks rank 264th (7.4).
- Mississippi State ranks 117th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 280th (18.2).