Expect a fast-paced game when the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (13-3, 4-1 SthLnd) travel to Central Arkansas to take on the Bears (5-12, 4-2 SthLnd). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Central Arkansas Bears Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bears defeated the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 89-82, while the Lumberjacks lost a winnable game to the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 73-72.
Central Arkansas dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.635 (above their season average of 0.294) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.4 (above their season average of 25.8). Sam Houston State was 0.217 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats. Stephen F. Austin, meanwhile, held Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below their season average of 30.2). DeAndre Jones had a good game for Central Arkansas, finishing with 33 points and seven rebounds. Stephen F. Austin was led by Kevon Harris, who put up 24 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Bears won 92-74. Getting to the free throw line was one of Central Arkansas’ largest strengths. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Stephen F. Austin had 27. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
The ineffective offense of Central Arkansas (316th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 94.2) will square off against the top-notch defense of Stephen F. Austin (33rd in the country with a defensive efficiency of 89.8). The Lumberjacks figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Moreover, the Lumberjacks are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (38.2 percent). The Bears, meanwhile, rank 283rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5 percent).
Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Central Arkansas, ATS Winner – Central Arkansas, O/U – Under
- Stephen F. Austin ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while Central Arkansas ranks 269th (40.8).
- The Lumberjacks rank 51st in assists per game (15.1) while the Bears rank 241st in assists allowed per game (17.1).
- Central Arkansas ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.8) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 116th (3.1).
- The Bears rank 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Lumberjacks rank 286th (16.2).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks third in steals per game (10.8) while Central Arkansas ranks 207th (5.1).
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).
- The Bears’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, down from 13.2 for the season.