The Washington State Cougars (14-13, 5-9 Pac-12) close out their home schedule at Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum against the Stanford Cardinal (17-9, 6-7 Pac-12). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Stanford Cardinal vs. Washington State Cougars Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Cougars fell to the California Golden Bears, 66-57, while the Cardinal beat the Washington Huskies, 72-64.
Stanford’s 0.536 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Washington, who had a mark of 0.387. The Cardinal’s mark was below their season average of 0.538, while the Huskies’ was below their season average of 0.506. Washington State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 27.2). CJ Elleby played well for Washington State with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Stanford, meanwhile, received a boost from Oscar da Silva, who had 16 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tyrell Terry led the Cardinal to an 88-62 victory. He scored a game-high 22 points. The Cardinal’s 12.2 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Cougars, who had a rate of 22.7.
Washington State might have trouble finding the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the country’s best defenses. Stanford currently ranks 10th in defensive efficiency while the Cougars rank 254th in offensive efficiency.
Stanford Cardinal at Washington State Cougars Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Stanford, O/U – Under
- Washington State ranks 84th in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while Stanford ranks 229th (19.3).
- The Cougars rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Cardinal rank 125th (6.4).
- Stanford ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while Washington State ranks 66th (11.3).
- The Cardinal rank 50th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Cougars rank 170th (2.5).
- Stanford ranks 136th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while Washington State ranks 243rd (37.4).
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (8.6 above their season average).
- The Cougars have been outscored by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.